Dress Code and Use of Mobile Phones
Finchley Golf Club want all users of the Course or Clubhouse to feel welcome and comfortable. At the same time everyone is expected to respect the standards and traditions of golf by ensuring their appearance is smart and appropriate to the activities of the Club.
- Shoes and clothing must not be changed in the car park. This can be done in the shoe changing area and changing rooms
- Members and Visitors should wear smart, clean clothing and appropriate footwear.
- Golf shoes with soft spikes are only permitted on the spike area in the Bar, not anywhere else in the clubhouse. They must be clean and dry before entering.
- Spikeless footwear is allowed in the bar. They must be clean and dry before entering
- Hats may not be worn in the clubhouse
- Rain clothing (wet gear) must not be worn in the club house
- In the Dining Room after 7pm, appearance should be appropriate to evening dining in a restaurant, e.g. shirt/blouse, trousers/skirt.
- On formal occasions and for club/section dinners, jacket and tie may be required. Members will be notified of the required dress code for each occasion.
- Members and Visitors must wear smart golf clothing with golf shoes.
- Only Tailored Golf shorts are permitted. When wearing shorts golf socks must be worn
- Shirts must be tucked in.
- Trainers, t-shirts, jeans, beachwear and tracksuits are NOT permitted.
- Only golf hats or caps may be worn. Caps with a peak must be worn at the front.
- Players not suitably dressed will be asked to change or will not be permitted to play the course.
- Except in case of an emergency, Mobile phones must not be used to make or take calls on the course
- Mobile phones should be used with discretion and respect to other members. They should be kept on silent in the Clubhouse and on the Course.
- For the absence of doubt distant measuring devices (including on mobiles) are allowed provided the application is restricted to "distance only and not designed to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect play such as gradient, wind-speed, temperature etc”
- Calls can be made in the clubhouse corridor areas but not in the dining room, Blue room or bar area.
- Strictly no mobile phone use in the dining room (at any time).